25 May 2008

nothing good ever comes from drunk blogging

So that's why I'm blogging before I drink. Ha! I didn't get my college degree for nothing, you know.

This semester I'm studying the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory-2 (or MMPI-2 if you're that kind of cool). Neat stuff. Apparently I'm a slightly neurotic control freak. Whatever. I just think I could've made a better test :P School is getting marginally better. The truth is, I find myself distracted by my old life. I wonder what's going on in Missoula right now. I think about how the mist looks tumbling down Mt. Sentinel at 8 in the morning when I used to be rushing to work. I think about all the people laying in the Oval, kissing and playing music as if 1969 never left. Life here is so loud. Wherever you are, someone is shouting. On the train, at home, at school--the noise is omnipresent. I miss mountains. I miss certainty. I miss feeling like I could come out here to the city and make it my bitch. I might complain about school or about Chicago, but the truth is, I'm most disappointed in myself. I'm not urban. I thought I'd find myself here, as if I was trapped in Montana but that the City of Giant Shoulders might free me. Instead, I find myself staring out at Lake Michigan, wondering if there's a better place for me on the other side.

Now then, I've stalled long enough. No school tomorrow means plenty of drinking tonight. Cheers to a morning of Alka Selzer and bad eggs.

0 comments: